Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pictures and Monastery Update

Ciao all!

Before I get started I'd like to make a small complaint. I have had no comments on my posts and that makes me incredibly sad. I hope that you start commenting because I'm beginning to believe no one is reading this - and that would be very depressing. So PLEASE start commenting!! For my sanity?

Okay, pictures as promised! A day late I realize, but I had some problems uploading...




Our hotel in Siena, very very beautiful place :)



Looking out over Siena



Beautiful hills



The towers and the moon at San Gimignano



Natalie and I in a piazza in Siena



Natalie, Sam and I at Hadrian's Villa




Hadrian's Villa ruins!



Our "classy" photo ;)



Gorgeous, too bad it rained...




The massive mountain we went up to to see Montecassino



I don't know if you can see it because there is a tree in the way, but on the left there is a statue of how St. Benedict died - standing, supported by a few others.



Natalie, me and Sam at Montecassino - sooo cold and windy!



Inside the gorgeous cathedral. It was pretty much all destroyed in the second world war and then rebuilt later.



St. Benedict and his sister's tomb.


Love all of you! Miss y'all!!!!!

Amelia

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amelia,

    I'm reading along and enjoying your pictures. This blog is a great idea! :)

    Take care,

    -Rachel Kondro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amelia! I will do as you wish and post a comment in the name of your sanity! (And the fact that I miss you!) Your pictures are fabulous! I am so jealous, I wish I could be experiencing all that! It's all so pretty! Have fun chicka!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea great shots! hope you're having fun! missing you at the retreat this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey pretty girl,

    I miss you! I can see you're having a fabulous time so far! Your pictures are gorgeous! Have you started classes yet? How is everything at the Rome Center? I'm sorry I lost you on Skype the other night...we'll have to pick up where we left off on that soon. I love you!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 'classy' picture....zoom out...WAAAY out :)

    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the trip was worth it just to see that classy butt ;) Hope you're having fun in Rome (always better than milwaukee!), and I'm sure ill see you sometime soon!

    ~harry (maura's boyfriend, in case you know more than one harry!)

    ReplyDelete