So we signed up for trips a few days ago and I thought I would tell everyone that I am going to TUNISA over spring break!!!! Africa!!! That's so exciting. It's a 10-day trip and we are going to get to talk to the US Ambassador to Tunisa and talk to some students there! No worries - it's very very safe for us, we will have police escorts almost everywhere. :)
And next weekend some friends and I are heading out to Florence!!! Any recommendations on things we should do? :)
I'd like to give all of you my mailing address in case you want to send me a letter or a postcard. As much as I would love to receive a package it's quite ridiculous in Italy to get packages because of Milan (where they go through for customs) and there's a really good chance I would never get it and that you would be charged an obscene amount for taxes on the contents of the package...so don't send any packages is the main point. I would love to get letters or postcards though!!!! :)
Loyola Rome Center
Amelia Blanton
Room #248
Via Massimi 114/A
Roma, Italia 00136
Because I got so many comments (yay!) I decided to treat you to some more pictures! These are of my room :)
Our door!
When you walk in what it looks like
Our desk areas when you walk in :)
The beds - I actually have a ladder to get into mine!!
My desk :)
My bed - not made at alllll
The view from our window. It's very very nice!
Miss all of you!
Love,
Amelia
Do you have to turn sideways to get through the door?
ReplyDeleteDad
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to [attempt] to give you advice about where to go in Florence. On the cruise we went on, one of our ports was close to Florence, but my family never actually got to see Florence because we didn't have enough time, BUT we saw Pisa, as in the Leaning Tower and all that jazz. So if you happen to have enough time, I would say venture a little bit outside of Florence and see that. (Sorry if that doesn't help you much.) I'm going to ask my friend, Amy, though because she just spent fall semester in Florence...so I'll report back. :-)
I miss you and love you!
Looks like you are settled in. Amazing how a little bit of stuff can take up so much space.
ReplyDeleteAmelia! I'm so jealous of you living in Rome for a semester! I may go to China at the beginning of the summer for a mission trip, but it's still in the air. Keep posting pictures please!!! I hope you are having a great time :)
ReplyDeleteamelia! i didn't know you had a blog either! hope you're having fun in florence - geez. miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmelia -
ReplyDeleteEverything looks wonderful. What a great way to keep in touch! I hope you are having a great time - we miss you too!
the Ottos - Tom, Jane, Matt, and Paul (Maura and Bill are on their own!)
hey melia --
ReplyDeleteI like your blanket on your bed - I have a similar one on my bed :) I hope it's keeping you warm and cozy!
Now that I found this I'm going to have to read it all the time! Enjoy your time in Rome!
Maura