about that... so Tunisia was incredible, had sooooooooooooooooooooooooo
And it didn't get better. So instead of flying from Milan to Rome like I was supposed to, I took the train home because in the grand scheme I would get back to Rome earlier. Literally had to talk myself through every step of the walk from the bus stop to the JFRC. Got back, lugged my bags upstairs, emailed Bill and my parents, found an SLA (basically and RA), Andrew, and we went to the ER. Did some blood tests, had me walk and what not. Ended up staying overnight.
My mom flew over Monday afternoon (after having slept 4 hours in milan on Sunday, got on a plane in Milan to Atlanta, Atlanta to Dallas and then drove from Dallas to Lubbock - got home at like 2:30 in the morning and was really confused) and got here Tuesday.
Long story short I have tingly and numb hands and feet, I'm extremly weak, and have this disease called Guillian-Barre syndrome (wiki it if you are really curious...). Basically my proteins are attacking my nerves. So I'm on a treatment for 5 days (here till Sunday, probably Monday at the earliest) pumping extra proteins into my body...
That's been my life...
Just hanging out in a hospital. On the bright side, they didn't have room for me in the neurology wing, so I'm in the kids wing. Which is good and bad, it's a much lighter mood, and the nurses are sooooooooo nice. However, my poor roommate is a 7 year old who fell out of a 2nd story window. yeah. lucky he's alive. but he doesn't like it when they poke him for blood tests (I hated needles at 7), but he also cries periodically throughout the night, which wakes me up. But whatever. Today there were clowns on my floor. They made me a balloon butterfly - farfalla in Italiano. My Italian has to be getting better as well. My Nuerologist speaks wonderful English, but the nurses not so much. So I rely on my dictionary and hand motions :)
Overall I feel great. I'm just weak, have a bit of double vision, my hands and feet are tingly/numb and I have really poor balance. But I really do feel okay, I've been in pretty good spirits. I've had lots of visitors from school so that has really helped my mood as well :D They have also managed to get me internet so that is awesome!!!!!!
Glad you're getting better! You better keep getting better though. Next time the clown's there, have him make you a balloon snake, or serpente in Italiano :P My prayers are with you!
ReplyDelete~Harry